Wednesday, September 22, 2010

a passion for paper.....

...not quite sure why, but I have always had a love affair with paper...I was one of those crazy girls that would buy sheet after sheet after sheet of scrapbook paper- not to scrapbook, God forbid- but to keep and covet, all the while knowing I would never ever use it.  I still do.  My treasured bit and scraps of paper of all kinds- wrapping, writing, scrapbook- sometimes make a guest appearance in my art journals, if the design and pattern speak to me and tell me that it's absolutely necessary to write and create with it. Sometimes, they make a guest appearance as gift-wrap on one of your presents, or come disguised as a letter.  Maybe that is why I love paper so much....it reminds me of a time where we actually had to sit down and write letters that you can re-read and treasure instead of sending off a text that can disappear into virtual anonymity..... and making our own wrapping paper on Christmas morning for the handmade presents we made for our mommies and daddies while in school.  Or maaaaaaybe it is that I am inspired by the art and design work...every pattern and line and swirl and icon and image inspires me to be more, to do more, to work harder as an artist....

And so, for my blog post today, an homage to beautiful paper products and an amazing company that makes them.....

http://smockpaper.com/


.....here are some sample pics of the clean patterns and design work that have a slight aftertaste of the 60's with the robin's egg blues, mint julep greens, and Tang oranges....




No comments:

Post a Comment