Thursday, December 23, 2010

the one and only, Wayne Thiebaud...

Not only have I been a fan of Wayne Thiebaud as long as I have been an artist, art teacher, and fan of pop art, I discovered in Printshop that Mr. Thiebaud mastered the medium of print as well as paint....

This is the video of Thiebaud's recent lecture at UC Davis, which I was honored to have attended and actually interacted with him...

Never in a million years did I think I would ever be at such an amazing school....never in a million years did I think I would get the rare opportunity to listen to, learn from, and ask questions of a man who innovated the West Coast Pop Art movement....

Here are a few of his paintings and prints...









As you begin to watch the video,
check out the chick in the brown bomber jacket, 3rd row, left side...the one with the Gigi Hill bag...and again, forward to about 1 hour, 09 minutes!!!!
IT'S MEEEEEEE!!!!!!
;)





My point?....
believe in yourself...
dream big...
...and never stop doing what only YOU can do....

No comments:

Post a Comment